Friday, December 12, 2008

The Longest 14 Hours....

It's now almost 6pm and we JUST got our power back! This morning around 3am it went out due to a huge ice storm we were getting. Our part of town NEVER loses power... so to go with out it for about 14 hours is a BIG deal!

Nate and I did just fine... our back deck on the other hand did not fare so well.

We stayed warm and safe thanks to our woodstove! It even cooked lunch for us today! We also had the fireplace going and were pretty cozy. We stopped up at my grandmother's house for a shower (she never lost power) and ran to the store for candles and a flash light. We never loose it so we were not ready for it! We went out to dinner and came home to let the dogs out and just as I was lighting the candles IT CAME ON!

I know I should be thankful that it was just a day with out it... and I was thankful for a day off work.. but it's just so weird not to have it. You really don't think about how often you use it until it's gone.
One upside to the ice storm was how pretty the trees were... they looked like glass...



well now it's off to get the cleaning done that I could not do all day and to check all the food in the fridge.. hopefully things are still ok...






1 comment:

Our family is a little more than a Patrick sandwich. said...

Oh those trees ARE so beautiful!! And your fireplace looks so inviting!