Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring is here! It's been here for a few weeks now... but it's finally starting to feel like spring!!!

I had the day off today, for Patriot's Day. Nate wanted me to come have lunch with him at work, so I decided I would take the doggies and go on a walk with Deb while I was there.

I had to make a few stops on the way... one being at the vet to get Banjo some heart worm... he weighs 72 pounds! That means he has gained nine pounds in a month!!!! He's just seven months old!

We had a wonderful walk. I had Banjo on his long red leash, but he was getting really tangled up in it and I could tell he just wanted to run. I had stuffed my pocket with cheese, hoping I could trust him to come back to me. I switched him to a shorter leash so he could run, but I could catch him if I had to.... thankfully I never had to! He was such a good boy! We did a few recalls in the start of the walk just to show him I had nice yummy cheese, but by the end he was running a head and then stopping to turn back and make sure Deb and I were coming. He had so much fun running with Charlie and Hallie. He also discovered why Charlie and Hallie love walks in the woods so much.... MUD and WATER!!! Banjo was born in November, so he has pretty much seen nothing but snow on the ground. This whole running, babbling brook thing is totally new to him... and he loved it!!!! Deb and I stood at this little brook for a while, the pups just sniffed around and played in the water. We kept commenting on what lucky doggies we have!

After our wonderful walk I took two sleepy, muddy boys home for a tub. While they dried off I planted my first plant outside. I have a few growing inside, but it's getting warm enough for out door flowers. Here is my little garden on the deck... it does not look like much now, but there is a paradise rose bush growing in there!!! :)

HAPPY SPRING!

2 comments:

sue said...

I am so happy that you all had such a wonderful day!!!! Banjo, Charlie and Hallie are very lucky... but much of that has to do with the wonderful owners that they have!!!!!

Mary said...

I'd love to take Banjo's sisters on that walk - it looks like so much fun for the dogs (and people too)!