All I really have to report are the two new recipes from our crock pot book that we tried this week....
First on Monday night we had Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot soup which sounded GREAT to me..... but..... I should have taken Nate's advice on this one.... it was not so awesome. I'm not sure why... it was very yummy with rolls dipped into it, and may have been really great in a bread bowl, but it was not something you wanted a big 'ol bowl of for dinner. So we have ruled this one out... the worst part is that we had company that night too... I don't think there is anything more embarrassing than having people come for dinner and your dinner is terrible! My sister and her boyfriend Tom, my niece Abbie and my Mom all tried it and though my sister and Tom ate the soup, Abbie and my Mom took one bite and would not go back (and Abbie eats EVERYTHING!). We also have a good friend of Nate's from the Marine Corps staying with us for the month of Jan while he does some classes at Harvard.... it was his first night with us and I felt pretty bad that my dinner was not good... especially since last night he stopped at Sonic (YES MOM.. SONIC! there is one in Saugus that we need to go to!) and tonight... well it's 8:07pm and he's not "home" yet... Nate thinks I scared him away from eating dinner with us :(
So... moral of the story... Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup (NOPE) Roast Beef Burritos (YUP!)
1 comment:
I should have traveled south after dog class and had dinner with you!!! I came home to "nothin'"... had warmed up chicken pot pie.. but tomorrow, I've got a crock pot reciepe to try... 143
Post a Comment